Saturday, May 24, 2014

Italian Renaisance Gown: Camicia fabric bought

Please let me know what you think. Suggestions and feedback is GREATLY appreciated. I am a learning seamstress so any tips are more than welcome.

 

 Camicia

 So today I went to the market for a quick fabric run. Hoping to find some fabric suitable for the Camicia. Luckily the stall I normally go to was there with plenty of sheer white fabrics (for curtains, but who cares). I debated getting a plain sheer white and a sheer white with some embroidered white hearts on it, but settled on the plain white fabric, since I'm not certain I want to have embroidering on the entire fabric.
It's a pretty light fabric and has the texture and sheerness I wanted. Organza has a lovely look, but is too shiny and more firm than the sleek fabric I have now.

I also bought an off white linen like fabric. He didn't have linen, but this fabric is slightly less thick. Since it was only an euro per metre I just bought a few metres. It will be a nice fabric for a prototype Camicia or the Gamurra.

Here's a picture. Linenish fabric on the left, sheer sleek fabric on the right.

Gamurra and Giornea fabric choices

I've ordered samples of Dupion Silk to see which colour I would be using for the dress itself.
 I can't really capture the colours well on my camera, so I used the shops tumbnail:

The Gamurra will be made of a Turqoise kind of colour.
 For contrast fabric on the Gamurra will be a golden colour.
The Giornea will be made of a contrasting red scarlet: Perhaps I'll also make an Emerald coloured Giornea, but that coloured didn't add contrast to the dress, but sort of blended in. It's a nice look, but 'safe'.

 

Please let me know what you think. Suggestions and feedback is GREATLY appreciated. I am a learning seamstress so any tips are more than welcome.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment