Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First project: Miss Hartigan from Doctor Who

I've been watching the show for a few years now and I've been wanting to homage the show just as long. When Miss Hartigan first showed up in her signature red dress I said I wanted the dress. Now my brother is also a big fan of the show and wants to dress up as The Doctor. I think it's wonderful and also started thinking about my own Doctor Who cosplay.
As the title suggests I'm going to dress up as Miss Hartigan.
I want to wear it at the Elf Fantasy Fair in Haarzuilens which is held in the Netherlands on 20 & 21 april.
Miss Hartigan
On the first day I want to wear just the dress and maybe the umbrella. Just plain old Miss Hartigan.The second day I will go as the Cyber King.Adding the crown and the black eyes.
The Cyber King
I will be altering the Simplicity pattern 3727.
Simplicity 3727
As you can see I have to alter the Neckline quite a bit. So I will alter the pattern and then use those to first make a prototype in a cheaper fabric. To improve the fit.
I bought my fabric at http://www.the-millshop-online.co.uk/ and I will be using Silk Dupion.
I intend to keep a progress on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment