Thursday, March 12, 2015

Belle: Skirt finished. Bodice progress


I finished the skirt last week. It has 4 layers of fabric.
The basis is a cotton layer, covered with an identical chiffon layer.
The overskirt is cotton flatlined with organza and trimmed with polyester.

 Above: Detail shot of all the layers with the pleats.

Above: Overview of the complete dress. It's a little crooked since the crinoline was crooked. Only saw it when uploading the pictures. Also the test bodice which I altered on 1 side, by cutting off the shoulder. Didn't like it. So I'm not going to do that.


I started on the bodice. Right now I only need to put in the grommets and sew on the bertha. I decided not to do the bertha as it should be on the pattern, but do it my own way. Which is shown on below picture. 

Above: Picture when I was testing the bertha I wanted to do. Still no lining or any finishing. It was just to test the bertha.

No comments:

Post a Comment