Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fairy Queen: I can fly


Yesterday I went to my best friends house to work on our wings. We have tried some techniques with old pantyhose.

We used electrical wire and panty hose. We couldn't find any white ones, so used pale flesh coloured ones. We bought Flamingo Pink en Powder Pink Dylon textile dye to see if we can colour the panty. Dylon says: No, but fashionblogs say Yes. Guess we are going to find out.

Without further ado the basic shape of my wings.

Also I have sewn the basic skirt together. But when cutting the ruffles I found out I haven't got enough fabric so I need to buy more. Unfortunately I bought the fabric at a market that's only there on a monday morning, so I need to change my shift at work to buy some more. Luckily for the organza I can go to the local store.

No comments:

Post a Comment